Ben has a seminar Thursday nights this quarter. I am sitting here watching a new episode of The Office (Ben and I watch it again when he's home-itunes is a wonderful invention) thinking about how funny I will find it the second time. Then Chloe wakes up-screaming for soy milk or help getting to the potty or sometimes just screaming. I go help her. Then she wakes up again 15 minutes later. Then Lily wakes up. She doesn't go down easily without a bottle when she is upset. I make a bottle and get her settled. Now I am too nervous and wound up to go to bed in fear of one (or both) lovely daughters waking up the second I get really comfortable. It seems that scenario happens quite frequently at our house. I then start thinking it might be because we live in 598 sq. ft., have loud neighbors, firetruck just drove by, Lily might be cutting a tooth, Chloe has been asleep since 3:00pm (really, she does this about once a month) and needs to go to the bathroom, maybe an elephant falls through the ceiling and squashes them and I have to explain it to Ben...
I then start to feel really tired and could fall asleep from sheer exhaustion. Ben is still not home and I can't seem to fall completely asleep until he is lying next to me.
Then Lily starts crying...
2.15.2007
Thursday Night Memoir
Posted by Isa at 10:02 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment