3.04.2007

Chloe the Curious


Ben and I have noticed Chloe making major strides this past week! Physically and mentally she has changed and grown. It is hard for me. My first baby is not such a baby anymore.

Chloe loves to go the Henry’s Marketplace with me. They have “little carts” that look exactly like grown-up carts and in her opinion that is extremely important. We shop at Henry’s once a week for produce (that is what they are known for) and some other bulk snaky items. Chloe likes to pile her cart full before we start putting stuff in my cart.

Chloe is learning to read. She pretends to read a book aloud and then exclaims, “Mom, I just read the book!” She doesn’t want me to “read” to her…she says “Just read the words to me because I am reading it by myself” ahem.

This week Chloe has turned down time with Dad (which she never does) in lieu of hanging out with Mommy. It has been a major “Mommy week”. She has been copying and imitating me almost all the time. So, I guess you can imagine what that has been like. I am getting sick of myself to say the least.

She loves to look up into my face and say, “Mom…I Love you!”

I said, “I just love your room Chloe!” and she said, “Yep, you made it”.

She watched “Lady and the Tramp” for the first time this week and wants me to “rewind” the scary part (Lady is chased). She means “fast forward”…

She was coloring Cinderella in her coloring book and sat up, pretended to crack her back, and said, “ I have been working hard!”

0 comments: