4.09.2007

Ben


Just a quick note.

I'm completely snowed under because the deadline for my chamber
orchestra piece came sooner than I had planned so I've been working
many hours a day since last week and will continue at an excruciating
pace until Sunday. Isa has been a great support and has carried a
heavy load with the kids and keeping the house in order while I've
been unavailable. As a result Easter seemed a bit rushed this year
but we got the dying and hunting in just barely!

I got a call from Dr. Hicks, the chairman of the composition
department at BYU informing me that one of their senior professors is
planning to retire soon. He wanted to know if I would be interested
in and available to apply for the position. I told him I would be but
there are issues both logistical (the timing of my advancement to PhD
candidacy) and emotional (my deep seated aversion to living in Provo)
that may complicate the situation. Nevertheless, I will be eager to
apply for a real job and it was nice to be thought of.

All my love,

Benj

0 comments: