We just got back from Stake Conference and Chloe is throwing another loud tantrum. She is both hungry, tired and too wound up to focus on eating or resting-all common among 3 year olds. She actually sat through the entire duration of Stake Conference (2 hours!) and was excited to be sitting next to the Mitchell girls (Elizabeth-9 and Zoe-6). They were knitting and crocheting and drawing with her...She was in heaven.
Dinner is in the oven (Arroz con Pollo), Lily is finally down for a nap and Ben has decided he wants to spend his Fathers Day afternoon cleaning-up and doing Home Teaching...I told him to take a nap but, he is spending time with Chloe. Such an amazing Dad!
Ben is working on a revision of a piece that will be played in Quebec in August. Starting a new piece, writing a paper, and learning an electronic music program in preparation for his new piece...He recieve another email from Dale Monson about a couple of openings at BYU in the future. They would like for him to apply when it is officially announced. We will also be applying for all the open music composition jobs in the country next year.
I am currently studying for my National Certification Examination in Massage and Bodywork. I was nationally certified after Massage school in 2002 and let it lapse after 5 years. I was at home with Chloe, pregnant with Lily, and not doing much massage. I now have the opportunity to rent space from a Feldenkrais practioner I take classes from. I haven't had my own space here in San Diego-I only did outcall in our ward boundries-this will give me more clients and I will not have to lug my table around town.
Also, I am applying for the Integrated Movment Studies Cerftificate program at Berkeley. It is a two-year intensive program that meets one weekend each month during the school year (Sep-May). I will then be able to work as a CLMA and Movement Therapist/Educator. It will be the perfect addition to the childrens dance program I teach and my massage therapy practice. I will be flying up to Berkeley and Ben will be able to work his schedule so he can be with them during that time. I will find out in August if I have been accepted.
Ben has just been called as the Primary Pianist and I am missing Relief Socitey for the next 3 months. Lily will be going to nursery in the fall. I have been getting alot of special time roaming the halls, climbing the stairs, and wreaking havoc in the church with my sweet Lily.
6.17.2007
A little update.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment