7.08.2007

7.8.07

It is 8:15pm...The girls are both asleep. Yes...We are getting closer to normal each day...From what I hear, my friends tell me it takes about a month to get back to "normal" after traveling (on any scale). So, true. In fact, now that I have taken children from infancy to 3 1/2 on trips, I would have to say that infants or very small children bounce back even sooner than the preschoolers...I am sure it has something to do with their cognizant, sensitivity to new situations and having fears of the big world around them. Chloe has always been on a very rigid schedule since birth and she thrives on it. Happy, energetic, easy to talk with, and goes with the flow...granted she is well rested, well fed, and knows what is going to happen next. Especially if those "things" that are going to happen next are comfortable and familiar. Hum. Sounds a lot like me (and half of the people I know). Chloe, my little person. A real little person.

We have been studying, cleaning, organizing ourselves for the next big deadlines. I am taking the National Cert. exam and Ben's orchestra revision is due the same day, July 20th. The Lord has been blessing our efforts and we have been able to stay focused enough to scrape through. Our week consisted of Costco trip, Working out at the LJ YMCA, 4th of July Party, Date night, and La Jolla Rec. Center. Very low key. Chloe starts preschool and swim lessons tomorrow. She is also going to be taking gymnastics starting at the end of the month. She is extremely excited about this. I substituted in her nursery class today and she was showing us her "moves" along with her blue underwear. Chloe’s nursery teacher asked her what her favorite family activity was. Chloe told her teacher that her favorite things to do with her family are take walks and bake cookies. Isn’t it nice to be 3 ½ years old…Life is so simple and sweet.

Lily started saying “yes” (when asked if she wanted to go down the slide) and loves to kneel down and say “AMEN”. She can climb up the curvy ladder all by herself (!) and loves to play with her sister “Co-Co”. She wants to be outside ALL the time and broke out the screen door trying to get out. These girls keep me on my toes. I am just learning so much about everything. I feel like I am missing the point of most of it (more often than not). We sure love them and are doing what we feel is best for them with the direction of the spirit, of course.

0 comments: