10.16.2007

The bases are loaded

Ben doesn't usually follow baseball unless it is big or home town'ish stuff. Last night, I fell fast asleep reading the Book Club pick of the month and Ben stayed up until 11:30pm watching the Rockies make it to the World Series. Baseball is currently in the air at our house...

Chloe (a wise and knowing three year old) says "Daddy said I could stay up and watch baseball with him"...I give Ben the "um-really" look and Ben gives me the "um-sorry-what-do-you-expect?" look. I concede because he is simply the nicest Husband and Dad in the world AND he even made carmel popcorn for them to munch on...So, tonight Ben and Chloe are hanging out on the couch and eating sticky popcorn. Ben is happy that he is creating a little sports fan (yes, she knows the rules to football, baseball, and tennis better than I do), Chloe is happy she didn't have to go to sleep at 7:00pm, and I have some down time as I gaze out on the sweet scene in the living room.

On a funny sports note, last week Chloe said that when she grows up she is going to marry one of the Bronco's. Just in case you were wondering...

1 comments:

kim said...

Any bronco in particular? That's pretty funny!