3.27.2008

The Hunt...one of them.






The girls went to a huge easter egg hunt at the YMCA the day before easter. I grew up doing a real hunt. With real eggs. None of this candy-filled, chocolate-stuffed, treat-bearing bright, plastic shaped eggs...Real eggs. We ran out of time and dyed and hunted on Sunday after church (yes, Easter almost passed us by). It was a great activity for our family. We talked about the symbolism of Easter and it was fun to run around on the grass, enjoying the spring weather in perfect San Diego.

Easter dinner was simple goodness...Bourbon and Sweet Marinated Pork Loin, Rice with mushrooms and green onions, Maple Glazed Carrots. Easy and quick yet, elegant and fresh. The girls loved the light, creamy sauce for the meat.

2 comments:

RMCarter said...

Okay, I want the recipe for all of that!!!

Isa said...

I'll email you. It was SO easy. I mean truly easy...You'll love it!