3.11.2008

Lily Turned Two!




Lily had the best BIRTHDAY Ever! Mostly because she was showered with stuff just for her (such a rarity as a second child), ice cream cake, and a day at Disneyland...which happens to be her favorite place ever!

She opened each of her presents (and loved each of them) BUT she clung on to her "make-up" and exclaimed "This is my Favorite ONE!"...She also had a favorite birthday card from the Sabey Grandparents...

Thank you to All of her Grandparents Mel, Sandy, Mark, and Iris! Thank you to her Great-Grandparents Nani and Bob and Grandma Vance! Thanks for all the birthday wishes, gifts and cards! She is one happy kid right now!

Lily's favorite things at TWO are:

Driving Cars...real ones, bumper, Autopia...mostly real though.
Playing with make-up
Princesses (Aurora, Cinderella, and Belle)
Music
Painting
Mac n Cheese
Dumping food on the ground and saying "Uh Oh!" with a smile on her face
Telling us to "Go Away!"
Playing with Chloe, Audrey, and Alyssa
Pushing the swing, stroller or bike (all by HERSELF! She will use baby Kung Fu on the person who offers a hand...So, watch out Mom!)

Things we Love about Lily:

She is always grateful
! Without prompting she says "Thank You!" Really, it is pure sweetness. She'll be yelling,screaming and causing a general raucous for (let's say) water...I hand her the water and she'll say "Thank You" in the sweetest voice. It is like night and day. I want to laugh each time...but, instead say "Aw, Lil' you're very welcome!"

She is determined! Really determined. Aren't all two year olds?

She is Strong. You'll need tickets to her gun show, mind you!

She is happy. She will even say "I am so happy!" OR "Mama, I am a happy girl!". She is happy.

She is Kind and thoughtful
! She says things like "Mom, I love your necklace...It's beautiful!" Or "Oh, look...isn't that a beautiful flower!" Or "Oh I love your hair Chloe...it is so pretty!" Sweet. Sweet. Sweet.

She is SO GOOD! She told me today "Mom, I am being gentle with Alyssa. I love her."

She is a curious, sweet little lady who loves to sing and make messes with paint, markers, crayons, paper, mud, sand, food. Just like her mommy and sister.

Lily we love you SO, SO, SO much! You bring such richness, fun and laughter to our family. We are happy that you are learning to be a good, kind and unique person! How loved you are! XOXOXOXO!

Happy Birthday Beautiful!
Love,
Mom and Dad

3 comments:

Linn said...

She is one darling girl! She just makes me laugh and laugh. Happy Birthday Lily!

kim said...

Happy birthday, Lily!

RMCarter said...

Happy birthday to sweet little Lily! I am glad you had fun at Disneyland! It's one of my favorite places too! :)