-My quilt was auctioned off for $70.00 to the winning bidder at ICNS' Slient Auction and Spring Fling.
-The girls had fun at the Primary activity with Dad! They loved the passports and water bottles.
-Celebrating birthday's of friends, Naomi and Isaiah.
-Conversation this morning:
Chloe: "Where is our loving breakfast?"
Ben: "What?"
Chloe: "Where is our loving breakfast?"
Ben: "What do you mean?"
Chloe: "Where is all the good food? Why aren't we all sitting around the table together with the good food?"
Ben: (ah-ha moment chuckle) "That is right...We aren't sitting down together today. It is fast Sunday and Mom and I aren't having breakfast. We are fasting. You get to eat oatmeal with fresh bananas and strawberries!"
We had no idea how Chloe loved Ben's breakfast's and our morning time together...we eat, read scriptures, pray...it is nice. Thanks for the perspective Chloe.
5.04.2008
Good weekend happenings.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
"Loving breakfast" is one of the sweetest things I've ever heard. You know you're doing something right when your daughters feel that way about how their days begin.
What a great idea - to have breakfast together and turn it into scripture/family time. Afternoons can be crazy - but being together in the morning might be much more pleasant.
What a cute story! I can't wait to see you guys again!
Congrats on your quilt! You are so ultra talented, and busy! I'm amazed at how much you do.
Gina-I know. It is SO nice to hear a child say something that isn't regurgitated from the parent's speech...It was touching and honest.
Debby-Can't wait to see you in a few weeks. Especially so I can hold Tink:) The quilt was only made with Jenn's talents and time...otherwise I wouldn't have been able to do it. I am hooked now. See you soon.
That is such a sweet story! I love it. I wish that someone in our family wanted to describe our breakfasts that way, but "group chaos" is probably the best we can come up with, LOL. What can I say--we're all pretty cranky until we get some food in us.
Post a Comment