7.27.2008

Summer School Fieldtrip to the Museum.

After lunch, the kids enjoyed watching the Koi fish at Balboa Park.




Chloe and Lily have been enjoying our mommy co-op summer school experience. Each week has been a fun new adventure. Chloe really enjoyed the museum and wanted to stay longer but, Lily was more into running around and jumping off the benches...Lily especially enjoyed the fountain (and splashing the water) after lunch.

I felt inspired during the fieldtrip. Being in a museum (or any room full of art) fills me. I feel good about myself when I am in a museum. The quiet and the smell. Somehow, I feel more acceptable and capable. Sort of like the idea that "it takes all kinds of people to make the world go around" and that beauty is subjective. Ben and I have been talking about art. What makes art good or valid. Ben says it takes dedication. Which I agree with.

I am glad I am married to an artist. A very dedicated artist.

1 comments:

Mitchell Family said...

I've never thought about it but I like I feel when I am in a museum too. It's almost the same feeling I have in nature. Ruth