During our drive back to the hotel after dinner we were able to see a glowing view of The Bay. I wish you could have seen it with us. It reminded me of our honeymoon here in SF. It felt like a long time ago. We were such different people, huh? So, we are in our hotel room now and I am sitting next to a pot of fake orchids and ivy. I kept biting the same place right inside of my mouth today. I thought of all the nice things you would have said to me when I squelched in pain. The kiddos were great in the car again. I don't know what has happened but, it is like a miracle before my eyes. I am not questioning it...just feeling grateful for the new behavior. I can honestly say Chloe sang, snacked, colored, tooled around in her own imaginary world while Lily slept and Dad drove. I mean...it was unreal. They found the "prize bag of good behavior" in the back of the van. I felt very cliche Mormon Mommy'ish when I explained to them all about the prizes they would earn at the end of the day if they were obedient. I am a Mormon Mommy so, I better start making some more charts and graphs to measure their behavior, reading all that deseret book has to offer me, and making sure my casseroles are the best...you might add. Okay...enough for tonight.
I packed. We drove. We saw a fire. I repacked. We dined. And we all missed yer face.
Dad mentioned that he saw you more today while we were Skype-ing than he has in YEARS! How sad and true that is. My hard working PhD Candidate...and very handsome too. Do you remember when I took this picture?
Love you. Tomorrow I'll be missing you from Washington. Hopefully I won't be going bananas! B-A-N-A-N-A-S!
I.
8.27.2008
Day 4: Just caught a stunning glimpse of the Bay.
Posted by Isa at 8:44 PM
Labels: France 2008, letters to ben
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment