One of my dear friends (who was co-teaching our last day of summer school) sent me an email this morning and in it I read this:
I wanted to pass on a moment at preschool which should make you
proud of your daughter. It has been a joy to teach her she is so
well-behaved, genuinely interested and always puts forth her best
effort. As you might have noticed, she's an especially good artist.
But it was and act of kindness and courage that has won me over for
life.
We were sitting down to whole group and one child was making a fuss
about not sitting by John because he is a "naughty disobedient" boy.
Not surprisingly this made John quite sad. I said, "Don't worry John,
I'm certain somebody will sit by you. Who will sit by John?" Without
hesitation Chloe stood up, left the child who had been maligning John
and sat down next to my dejected boy. The other child followed Chloe
and never said another disparaging word.
Kindness and courage are some of the hardest things to teach, I'm
afraid some people never learn either. She is a remarkable girl.
Thank you for sharing this! It has made my day!
8.21.2008
I recieved this today from a friend.
Posted by Isa at 4:12 PM
Labels: Chloe, summer school
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
I feel bad - as I am nearly 100% sure it was Sydney that had the issues with John.... kids... Glad John has friends like Chloe. I am especially glad that Sydney has Chloe for a friend!
Jenn
Sydney has always been a wonderful example to Chloe! Sydney is one of the most thoughtful and kind children I know. She takes after her Mother...that is certain.
Post a Comment