9.03.2008

Day 11: Colorado rainfall and some smoke too.




Dear Ben,

Today was splendid. After skype-ing with you Katie and I took the kids on a much needed outing to the Littleton Historical Museum. It started pouring rain towards the very end of our trip. It was almost something out of a movie. We were walking towards the barn when the rain started coming down hard. The kids wanted to run in the rain but, were a bit overwhelmed taking it all in. The San Diego rainfall is nothing like Colorado.

Later in the day I almost burned Pete and Katie's house down. I was making Pasta Margarita for dinner while the kids picked vegetables from Katie's garden. They picked so much (she has a huge and plentiful garden) we decided to saute some zucchini and squash...no biggie. Do it all the time, right? Well on our Costco trip the day before Katie bought a flat of peaches. They were on back burner of the stove...I turned on the wrong burner and in a matter of minutes there is smoke and a huge flaming hole in the peach box. Katie was such a good sport she said "It didn't do anything to the peaches. Only one of them felt hot." After she brought out a huge fan and we lit a candle and scoured the stove top clean! Pete crinkled his nose when he walked in after work. All is fine now...Thank heaven's Katie is such a sweet, good-humored person. The kids stood in a row with their nose's plugged. It was a semi-funny-after-the-fact-close-call...AND since we are on the subject of smoke...you are pretty smokin' yourself, wink. How can someone look so good through a computer monitor I'll never know:) I have pictures to share from the event because (of course) I had my camera right there with me. I honestly feel naked without it. Forget the lipstick...I need my camera.

Hope you are having sweet dreams. XOXO.
Isa

P.S. As Chloe was falling asleep she said..."Mama, you're great..." How I live for those moments...Happy children, happy Mama.

0 comments: