Dear girls,
We walked into Viarmes today. The locals don't speak much English but, we have understood each other. The French people are so kind. All of the Europeans I have met here have been kind and considerate. I feel welcomed and warm here.
Dad found an quaint Creperie the day before I arrived. We had delicious savory and sweet crepes for lunch. We are going back tomorrow they were so good. France is the land of butter and cream. I love the smaller portions, higher quality, and freshness in preparation. They really know how to eat and live. The rest of town was mostly sleepy...Maybe because of the Pope's visit to Paris? We walked by a large school in the middle of town...we heard children laughing and playing. It made us miss you.
We found a supermarket on the way to Viarmes and stopped in on the way back. Dad was running a few minutes behind heading back to rehearsals. He went ahead to Royaumont and I went stayed at the supermarket to do little shopping. No one that worked there spoke English. I walked through the each aisle and brought back a few treats for Dad an I to share.
I thought about you two lovelies as I walked back to the abbey alone. I realized I felt awkward with my hands. I haven't known what to do with them since I have left. I have been holding your hands for so long that I feel alone without near me. It was refreshing to walk back on a nearly empty road, by myself. Even with my awkward hands.
Loves,
Mom
9.12.2008
Day 20: More of the grounds and walking to Viarmes.
Posted by Isa at 1:37 PM
Labels: France 2008, letters to Chloe and Lily
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comments:
I can't wait to see you and to hear all about France!
Post a Comment