
This Klimt painting hangs above our bed. We are both partial to Klimt and this picture seemed a fitting representation of where it all began for us. Somewhere between art and kissing. On the close of this Valentines weekend I give you the end of our official beginning (in all of its awkward, newish sweetness).
The very next night we found ourselves in my apartment. It was the middle of a brisk, Utah'ish March. We had both been busy until the later evening when Ben knocked on my door. We talked until it was time for him to go. I followed him to the door.
He turned around with a gleam in his eye at the bottom of the stairway and said, "I want to kiss you".
I said, "Okay".
He came in closer and leaned into me putting a shy, sweet kiss on my lips.
He said, "Let's try that again".
Right then, a dreamy, perfect kiss stretched between us.
Smiling I said, "Finally...I was beginning to think you never would".
We held each other, saying goodnight in our thrilled awkwardness.
To this day Ben still wishes he kissed me over Vail pass. I am just glad he kissed me at all.
2.13.2009
the kiss.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comments:
i've just been catching up on your blog and just love it. you're so beautiful in how you write, how you express yourself, your pictures, etc.
it was fun reading your "love story" too. how sweet and genuine your story is. thanks for sharing.
Post a Comment