2.06.2009

kitchen sink banter


I just dropped an ice cube on my big toe and it really hurt. I squelched in pain when the hurling ice met my nail and Lily said, "Oh, that is sad" and Ben explained, "Mom likes to shout when she gets hurt". He is right (as usual). This week has been a wash. I was diagnosed with "walking" pneumonia on Wednesday. When I get a cold it doesn't like to leave. Luckily, I am feeling well enough to workout, cook, play with the girls and attend to my church responsibilities. Although, I haven't been able to keep the house up like I usually do because I feel tired (from waking up coughing) and so I sleep instead. Tomorrow I leave for a girls weekend in Newport with some overdue spa time included. I am on week two of "Team Challenge" at the La Jolla Y. It is a workout program modeled after the Biggest Loser show (I have only seen clips here and there) where teams compete against each other to see how much weight they can lose. We meet with a trainer twice a week for 6 weeks, receive nutritional counsel and log our weekly food intake. It has been such a boost to my normal workout schedule and I have almost lost 10 lbs. Yesterday, Lily was in the tub and she was being so sweet. She takes many baths a day. It is sort of her thing. She was screaming at me to fill the water to the very top so she could "be like Ariel". I am taking a photography class each Friday evening at UCSD. It has been such fun to learn how to really use my new DSLR and feel in control of all aspects of my photos. Well, I am off to make fruit smoothies for the girls afternoon snack...I have been interrupted several times trying to type this because of hungry, clothes changing, screeching little sweet cheeks. Such is life. Messy kitchens and Mommies in constant reconciliation with the dishes.

1 comments:

Malerie said...

I felt like I was reading a poem or fairytale story. What a wonderful dad those girls have :)