Dear Mel and Sandy,
We went on a walk tonight. We bundled the girls up each in their own fleece get-up and stuck hats on there freshly washed heads of strawberry-scented hair. I covered them in the jogger with a bright pink heirloom knit and Ben pushed them all over our beloved student housing, just like when they were really little. We decided that we didn't care if we ever owned a home as long as we had a huge park or wilderness to roam through nearby. We also decided that we are so very glad we had our children when we did, that we didn't wait. We love our girls with all our hearts. When we got home Chloe said, "This place is a mess" and we all laughed because it was. We can't seem to keep up with two girls, art supplies, and their creative ideas to keep it satisfactorily clean lately. It is driving me crazy living with so many artists.
A few minutes ago Ben tucked our little birdies into bed and started on the dishes that were filled with hot homemade lasagna just hours earlier. Thank you for raising such a good man. Our lives are so good. The Lord has blessed us. I don't want to forget for one second to always remember and be grateful.
Now, I'll have some tea, snuggle up to Ben and watch the last hour of "John Adams" (a good movie--its 6 hours long but, worth it). Good night!
XO,
I.
3.15.2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
I think the dream of owning a home is over-rated. Most people spend so very little time in their yards. I think as long as John had some dirt to dig in, he'd be OK. What a great letter. Also, I've never regretted having children young and each day Bill and I more and more satisfied with that decision. Ruth
Love this post Isa. With you 100% on it all. I knew I would miss our student years and I do. But life is good and we are where we should be right now. Just wish the Sabeys were living next door.
Love "John Adams" too. We watched it a few months back. I was overwhelmed with gratitude and love for all the founding fathers did for our country.
Hey Isa, I came across your blog through David and Darin's blog and loved your posts. They're so sweet and filled with so much love - your girls will love to read them in the future, that's for sure. Your girls are so big, you all are a beautiful family. Congratulations!
Post a Comment