5.10.2009

Mama's Day Recap

I am back with more scattered journal writing, pretty pictures to come and less sulking/stressing/living in the unknown future around here. Over it. Life in the now is great and that is all we have isn't it? That is the theme for this coming week. Whew. It has been quite a wonderful Mothers Day weekend! I feel ever so special. We talked to our Mothers who are in San Francisco and Ghana today. Two amazing, wonderful ladies! Thank you for raising us and being such good people.

On Friday the girls' preschool put a 'Mothers Tea' together, performed songs and lunched with me...I was graced with two beautiful, cherished gifts. From Lily, a tile with her hand print in green paint. From Chloe, a heart shaped pendant adorned with 'pearls and diamonds' that I wore for the rest of the day. Both girls decorated cards with an interview from their teacher inserted. Chloe's card said funny things...She said I like shopping at Costco, that I don't like pulling weeds, that I weigh 6 pounds, and that I am 33 years old. None of that is true but, in her mind it sure is. In her defense, she did say that I like to eat sushi (true) and that my favorite color is ALL the colors of the rainbow (because she knows I can't pick just one). Lily's card said, This is to certify that my Mom is the greatest because..."she helps me clean up my room and dances with me." Also, she cut it up a bit and her teacher told me that she didn't fix it because it was SO Lily. Yes, it is and I wouldn't have it any other way.

Friday night Ben took me out to a favorite Thai restaurant of ours in SD, Amarin. Then we headed over to Mille Feuille our new favorite chocolate and patisserie cafe...I was craving a heavenly, coconut macaroon. If you have never been try the Nuit or the Mille Feuille both are amazingly good.

Saturday morning Ben watched the girls so I could go the the Temple and gym. When I got home we went up to Carlsbad so I could find a couple new items to add to my shrinking wardrobe. I have lost 26+ pounds since January and my everyday clothes aren't fitting very well. I did find two nice tops for myself and some dresses for the girls. While I was shopping they were at the Flower Fields and brought me back a surprise small bouquet of pink Ranunculus.

Sunday morning Ben made breakfast for us all. He makes breakfast every single morning. The full shebang. The girls simply say what the want and he makes it. Pancakes, bacon, french toast, waffles, omelets, chilequiles, ham, fruit on the side, extra maple syrup you say? Well, sure...all from scratch, all different flavors, varieties, and variations of the above breakfast delicacies. We both love to cook but, Ben is the naturally talented one. We went to church and then he made some amazing green chili chicken tacos from our beloved Rick Bayless cookbook. Which rocked my world. I could live off of tomatillos, grilled onions, and pablanos. He then proceeded to clean the entire house and put the girls to bed all while I relaxed and mindlessly, checked blogs. Okay, I know some say it is a social faux pas to rave about the wonderful qualities of ones husband in the blog world. I say whatever...Because, he is the greatest and it was the greatest weekend ever. Ben. Ben. Ben.

Three days of simple pleasures with my two beauties and one hottie. That is all this girl dreams about.

XO,
Isa

10 comments:

Margo said...

Wow, good for you for buying some new outfits for your new size! I have tried 1 recipe in that book, but will have to try a few more. I can't sleep right now...

Linn said...

Isa, I adore you!

Such a sweet post. I absolutely loved it!

Congratulations on the weight loss. You are tremendous!

Glad you had a happy day. You deserve every second of it!

And what? We can't brag about our husbands on our blogs. Whoops.

Malerie said...

You do look great! Congratulations on 26 lbs? Sheesh! In fact on Sunday I noticed just how beautiful your little family is. Those girls of yours have gorgeous skin. And I will be sneaking over to your house for breakfast. Anything I ask for? Sounds awfully tempting :)

Ruth said...

That sounds wonderful. I am so happy for you Isa.

Gina said...

What a nice weekend. You are one blessed woman. And I'm VERY impressed by the 26 pounds. That is a lot of discipline over a long period of time. Want to send a little my way? Discipline, that is, not pounds...

Isa said...

Margo-What do you do when the insomnia hits? I need some helpful hints...Keep trying the recipes until they work for you--I really tweak things for my taste.

Linn-I adore you. By the way, I loved your post on Jacob. I love reading gushing posts. I think the blog world needs more bragging wives!:) AND the pony ride!!! I love that you took 400+ pictures!!! I would have done the same thing!

Mal-Thank you! You are too kind! Breakfast...yes...just pop over but, you have to bring your bed head and wear your PJs to fit in with our breakfast scene.

Ruth-Thank you!

Gina-Yes, it has taken a lot of discipline. Working out 5-6 times a week, studying nutrition sites/blogs every night, training with a team, scientifically finding my sweet spot for calorie consumption. Sounds intense? Basically, smaller portions and regular exercise everyday and forever. I have been asked to write an essay for the YMCA on why I did it, how, and what positive changes will sustain me to maintain the loss. I will post it here when I am done. I still have 13-14 more pounds to reach my goal weight by September 5th. So, the discipline continues...

Friends, you guys are the best.

Rachel said...

fun isa! you guys are so cute. 26 lbs! i'm so jealous. i need to do the same!

emily said...

so sweet. i love it.

so lily and her cutting up things (cards, etc.) sounds so much like my jonas. :) love it.

26 pounds? what are you doing??? - oh, nevermind. i just read all about it. great job isa! you weren't even big to begin with, so i bet you are now super-duper tiny. yes, i'm jealous. very. :)

i hope someday we can meet up with your sweet family. we'd ALL love it.

Isa said...

Rachel-You look amazing--always! You do not have 26 lbs. to lose...I would worry! You are beautiful.

Emily-I wish we could get together with our two families! That would be SO very fun. I feel like I know your kids personally through the blog posts but, it is just not the same. My girls love playing with boys...so, I am sure they would have a blast!

btw, Lily and Jonas do remind me of each other with all their shenanigans! Second child syndrome:)

Looking forward to catching up with your blog when your computer is fixed!

Desirae Badger said...

Isa,
I just read your blog for the first time and it shows me even more about you than a long game of "Imaginiff." You are quite the artist, enough to give Ben some stiff competition! Your blog is adorable. I can see your modern minimalist style in a few of the pictures. I can't even believe that is a Mesa apartment! Can you please come redo MY place? I'll watch your girls for as long as it takes! Also, way to go on the weightloss! I want to read the full report for the YMCA! What inspired this? And what is this business behind the secret scientific caloric intake? I can pretty much non-scientifically state that mine is munching on goodies when both kids are asleep and I feel that I deserve some kind of treat. Isn't that something like a favorite sin or what? I am so bad!
I will be checking this blog more often for sure!
Desirae