Monday it rained. My garden made it through the heavy rain and the seeds even started to shoot through the soil. We had an FHE lesson on growing a garden. Chloe was telling us after the lesson "It’s working! The seeds are working!" (She was standing right next to me when I exclaimed this with joy as I hovered over my precious seedlings just hours before). I have never really cared about my garden very much until recently-I love the idea of being self-sufficient and environmentally aware. My attempt for this year has been making our bread each week (I use the BEST wheat grinder in the world-Thank You Sandy and Mel!), learning how to grow a garden (for reals), learning to sew (So far I have made a bean bag out of the beautiful fabric that Maggie brought us from Africa, piecing a rag rug together-made from old funky sheets, and learning how to work with glass-as a means of designing/creating my own jewelry. It has kept me sane. Tonight I got a compliment from our neighbor Mickey. He said, "This is the bread I am used to! It is so good!" he is from Budapest and that makes him a European bread authority, right? Ben mentioned that my bread is "the best bread I have had since my mission" in Belgium! So, I am not sure if that is what we call "a line" but I'll keep making it...so, don't worry Ben.
Tuesday night was Alfonso's of La Jolla! The girlfriends took Linn and I out for our Feb. Birthdays. Great Mexican food minus the margaritas.
Bead class not so hot. It was just not my night. I was off my game. I was worried about Lily being sick and feeling very tired.
Thursday is TV night-funny huh? I sit and "nerd out" to my pre-recorded Gilmore Girls, The Office, and Scrubs...
Friday-It was a blur. Lily was so sick and Chloe was very trying.
Saturday I cleaned and baked bread with Chloe, Lily was happy and I had half of the day to clean the kid’s room (Ben took them to Sea World)! It hasn't been cleaned (really well) since Lily started being mobile. Now it is spotless and it feels so good-there is no better therapy than cleaning and organizing a room from top to bottom in one big swoop-just thinking about it makes me happy.
Today we noticed we had a flat tire (as we were getting in the car to attend church). All is well, half of us made it to church and the other half got some quality time together. Good thing the house was clean because our neighbors called and asked if our offer to come to dinner was still on (we asked Megan and Mickey over on Monday but hadn't heard from them). We enjoyed getting to know them and agreed to continue our "neighbor dinners" on a regular basis.
2.25.2007
Isa's weekly ramblings
Posted by Isa at 6:58 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comments:
I am commenting. Did you get my last posting which was the first posting I ever did to such as this blog?
Isa, I get a clear picture of you and Ben, Chloe, and Lily. You write very well and I thank you for your sharing those moments.
This is a beautiful page. Like you, what you see and do is beautiful.
I know you like mexican food! I don't know what is wrong with margaritas?
Shalom, Mark
Post a Comment