2.25.2007

Leafing Laughing Little Lily






























The past week has been very hard for our sweet Lily. She was sick the entire week! She had to have at least 15 diaper changes a day and couldn't eat much except for applesauce, toast, and Gatorade. She showed us how cranky and miserable a baby can be...It was sad. I felt so helpless and exasperated at times...Friday was our hardest day and I thought to myself that I wouldn't be able to hold things together for much longer (Chloe was having a hard time with all of the attention Lily was getting-as any normal 3 year old would do...). Finally, Saturday morning rolled around...Ben and I woke up listening to bouts of laughter in the girls' room. They were both laughing and giggling for almost 30 minutes! We were so relieved that Lily was all better! She even got to see dolphins with Dad and Sister on Saturday!

A few special things Lily has done this week:

One morning Lily was leafing through the scriptures and picture books babbling to herself...she was pretending to read.

Lily has been trying to say all sorts of words-she attempts to say anything that starts with the letter "B" especially!

When we read the Sandra Boynton book "Moo! Bah! La, La, La!" Lily loves to say “ooh” with little round lips when she sees the cow!

She loves to snuggle and rest her head on our shoulders-I even got to rock her for an hour this week!

Lily likes to say "teeh" for teeth, which she is fascinated with!

Right now she is smiling, bouncing to music, and watching the misty rain from outside of our sliding glass door.

0 comments: