11.11.2007

Funny things.

Lily has been TALKING alot!!! She has turned into a little girl over the past few months...

She walks in the kitchen and says "I'm hungry!"

She was telling Ben about our trip to Clovis during the fires:

"Grandpa Bob..."

"Nani"

" Jesus Necklace"

...She was remembering when they gave her a necklace.

She says "Arrrr...Matey!" just like a pirate...

"Mom!"

"Look at me!"

She repeats EVERY word that Chloe says...and loves when we sing to her..."SING!"

Her favorite songs (the ones she demands that we sing):

"Bumble bee!", "Twinkle", "Jesus", and "Spider out!"...She loves to do all the hand motions, too.

A sweet story:

Tonight after dinner, bath, Muppets, songs, snuggles, and a prayer...We tucked the girls soundly in their beds and closed the door. A minute later Lily screams out "SING! MAMA! SING!"...I go back in their room and say "Lily, it is time to sleep. I have already sung five songs to you. Close your eyes." I gave her a kiss and headed out the door. At that moment Chloe says "Mom, she really wants you to keep singing to her. Don't leave us!" I said, "It is time for bed. You are more than welcome to sing a song to her. I think that would make her feel much better." and walked out the door. I listened behind the door and heard the following conversation...

Chloe: "Lily, do you want ME to sing to you?"

Lily: "Okay"

Chloe: "What song?"

Lily: "Twinkle"

Chloe sang to her (first loudly and then softly). Afterwards, they both babbled to each other for a few minutes before I heard peaceful silence. It was so, so sweet.

2 comments:

emily said...

SOOOOO sweet.

one of my favorite moments of the day is usually when miles and jonas are in bed for sleep. ahhhh, the "talks" they have. LOVE IT. albeit they are usually not as "sweet" as them singing to each other - they are more like, "so who can scream SCRIPTURE POWER the loudest?" yes, boys will be boys and girls will be girls.

RMCarter said...

That is too cute. Every little girl needs a sister. :)