7.25.2008

If YOU were to get a NEW camera...

Which one would you get? which one do you use and why?

To all of my friends with amazing cameras or those of you who love photography...Please post your responses!

6 comments:

Gina said...

We splurged on a Nikon D40 last summer, and I'm really glad I did. I'm not a real photographer, but I can point and shoot and it takes very nice pictures. It was the cheapest digital SLR at that time, and it's been just what we've needed. I think if you're really into photography it's not the camera for you because it only autofocuses with a few lenses, but I never change lenses so I don't care. It's been great for us. Good luck!

Mollie said...

If money were not an issue, I would get a digital SLR - but since it is an issue, I haven't even bothered to find out which one's are the greatest, so can't help you there.

I do love my digital camera, though. It's a Cannon Powershot A620. It's a few years old, so there's probably a newer version out there now. It takes great pictures, has all the options for doing aperture/shutter speed and focus manually, and you can even get an attachment so you can change out the lens easily. The other thing I love is the screen on the back flips out and you can rotate it around 180 degrees. Great for taking shots from weird angles (or self portraits for that matter...)

Linn said...

I don't know about specifics, it depends on what you are looking for, money available, etc. but I will only buy from Canon. I know there are other great cameras out there, but their customer service rocks. I have been super happy with them and will continue the tradition for years to come.

kim said...

We've been looking at the Nikon D40 or D80 and the Canon Rebel--I think I'd be pretty happy with any of those! If you want a simpler camera, we just got a Canon PowerShot SD1100 IS and we love it--the pictures are so much better than our older Canon that we had (which we also loved, but its amazing how much digitals have changed in the last 4 years).

Isa said...

Thank you gals...I am thinking Canon Rebel? But, I have been curious...Still on the hunt.

Margo said...

I just splurged and bought a Rebel. I am not a professional, nor anything close, but after doing much research this seemed to be the best intro DSLR for us. Rebels get great reviews, they have myriad lens choices if you so choose, and the new rebel has lots of great features. Plus, we have liked our family of canons so we stuck with it.

I didn't buy the lens that came with it. I talked to a photographer friend of mine who recommended a different lens for what I will use it for. Pretty much taking pictures of my kiddos and travels when we are lucky enough to have them.

I've had it for a about a week now. I'm still learning how to use it :) Point and shoot it is definitely better and faster than our Canon S3.