1.07.2009

Sunbeams dancing. Stuffy adults need not be alarmed.

The lighter side of Primary needs to be celebrated here. I won't forget this particular moment for a long time so, I thought I would share.

I am serving in a position in our church that is very demanding and time consuming especially for my personal set of talents. I could name 20 people in our ward who could easily do a much better job. Nonetheless, I do serve where I am asked to serve and strive to do my best because that is what I have committed to do. Basically, being the Primary President is not my strong suit. It is a far stretch from my comfort zone.

That being said, I LOVE the kids in our Primary program with all my heart! This last Sunday was the start of a new year for the children. They moved up into new classes by age and we got new kids from the Nursery. We call them "Sunbeams" in our church. Which they are, and I'll tell you why...

The Sunbeams are 3 years of age (some barely 3 and some ready to turn 4). They are a fresh, sweet, and lively bunch. During Singing Time they recognized a song from Nursery and a few of them jumped up and started dancing, singing loudly and moving around. They were excited, the music inspired them and they couldn't stay seated. Oh, how sweet it was! Their teachers looked at them, smiled and gently helped them to calm down by being calm, patient and wonderful examples. The whole moment was really delightful from the front of the room. I felt a warmth wash over me at that moment. I knew that God loved them and that he was smiling down on them during their dance. I also think God was giving an overwhelmed Primary President the opportunity to laugh and rejoice in the moment. They are bright Sunbeams! Church would be so boring without them.

I couldn't help but wish it was okay for all of us to do that at church once in awhile. Maybe I'll try it tomorrow and freak everyone out.

3 comments:

Valerie said...

I have to disagree with you. I can't think of ONE person who would do a better job then you. I'm so grateful that you're Audrey's primary president. The sunbeams sure were cute last week!!

Linn said...

I'm with Valerie! I am SO sad our kids missed the opportunity to have you as the Primary President. And I hope your dance went well today. That I would have loved to see.

Graton said...

Madame President,

I know exactly who and what your talking about and I miss them in nursery singing time. Thanks for sharing.

Graton