I just came back from hearing M. Russell Ballard address the San Diego Temple workers during a special devotional. He told us some stories from his family history pertaining to Temple work. He also discussed the urgency and importance of what we are doing in the Temple. I felt especially impressed listening to him talk about the death of his grandfather. He talked of the vail being thin between our world and the spirit world. We are much closer to those people whose work we are doing than we realize. Our family is truly blessed for having the Temple President and Matron (David E. and Verla Sorensen) in our ward. The service opportunities that I have personally experienced becoming associated with them have been life changing.
Yesterday was my Temple shift and I received further training as the Assistant Receptionist Coordinator. I will be scheduling and training the receptionists (working with Brides/Grooms/Missionaries/Prayer Roll, etc.) on the third Saturday of each month. It is a daunting calling for me because the women I work with have been doing this for a long time, have through knowledge, and are much better equipped than I am to be doing this than myself. I did enjoy exploring each "nook and cranny" of the Temple-which was one of my assignments yesterday...The closets on the fourth floor are very messy! It made me feel comforted knowing that even the Temple has a messy closet...
I love working with glass at the UCSD Craft Center. It has been the highlight in my week-having time set aside and a creative outlet. I just learned how to encase my beads and they now have a depth and dimension to them that I haven't been able to get before. Basically, I get to sit in front of a fire torch each week and manipulate colored rods of glass into beautiful (or not so beautiful) beads.
Wednesday I turned 27. Ben gave me a surprise trip with him on March 23 and 24th to LA. I have been dying to see the Getty (we went once when we were dating) and the newly reopened Getty Villa (They have an antiquated glass exhibit that I have been wanting to see). Just the anticipation of 48 hours without kids (diapers/crying/messes) seems like a present. I love my kids but, I LOVE Ben! He also gave me an orchid and calla lilies. He even serenaded me on the guitar...it has been awhile since we have had time to lounge around and listen to him sing. The girls loved it! They were smiling widely and grabbed some instruments and joined in! I blew out my candles and we had some banana cream pie...it was nice.
My present to myself has been losing 20lbs! Having my clothes feel loose and wearing smaller sizes-I am starting to feel like my old self again.
2.18.2007
Isa
Posted by Isa at 9:48 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment